Our Surgeon has had over a decade of experience with more than 7 platforms of Excimer laser technology. Our clinic currently uses two models from the more sophisticated generation of Excimer lasers that allow for various forms of customization beyond the standard treatments.
How Excimer Laser Technology Works
This technology ablates corneal tissue by disrupting molecular bonds to precisely reshape the cornea causing minimal heat and no changes to the surrounding corneal tissue. Excimer laser technology can ablate corneal tissue down to a quarter of a micron (1 micron = 1/1,000 millimetres). Excimer laser technology is so precise that corneal tissue can be remodeled to almost any architectural representation necessary to correct for an individual’s unique refractive error.
There are several different techniques that produce an optimized model of corneal architecture. Depending on your unique eyes, applying a specific model will result in superior post-operative vision. Our Surgeon will make a recommendation about which model will best suit your needs at your ISA® Customized Surgical Consultation.
Customized Subtype Techniques Include:
● Wavefront Guided
● Wavefront Optimized
● Topography Guided
● Scheimpflug Image Guided
Our Surgeon’s depth of experience allows for performing the necessary dynamic refinements to the technique for each of the chosen subtypes in every procedure.
Benefits to You
● Superior corneal modeling allows for minimal removal of corneal tissue, which is healthier and safer for the eye, particularly for patients with thinner than average corneas, larger pupils, or higher prescriptions (levels of refractive error).
● More patients able achieve 20/20 vision than without the use of ISA® Customized Subtype Techniques
● Many patients can achieve vision that is superior to 20/20
● Decreases the risk of night time visual complications such as night-time glare
● Reduces shadow and halo effects
● Reduces need for post-operative re-treatments/enhancements